How about making every day a wonderful and enjoyable day, different and better than how you live your life now?
You can create and enjoy beautiful, satisfying and wonderful days by making small changes in your daily life.
Everyone encounters problems, difficulties and obstacles, which can spoil one’s day. However, with a changed attitude and a few tips, even during such days, you will be able to make your days, at least to some extent, better and more enjoyable.
Morning Steps for a Wonderful Day
- Sit down on your bed, just before going to sleep at night, and tell yourself that you will wake up tomorrow 30 minutes earlier than usual.
- Repeat a few affirmations, so that your mind accepts this idea.
- For a while, think about the benefits you will gain by waking and getting up earlier, and about the things you can do in these extra 30 minutes.
- Set your alarm clock to the appointed hour, and lie down on your bed. While in bed, watch the thoughts that pop up into your mind, but try to do so detachedly and without any tension. Just watch them calmly and in a relaxed mood, until you fall asleep.
- When the alarm clock rings in the morning, get up immediately, with a smile on your face.
- Don’t give in to the desire to stay some more minutes in bed. Don’t listen to your mind, which will probably persuade you to stay in bed a little longer, because it is too early to get up.
- Get up, wash, change your clothes, and do something you enjoy doing, such as reading a book, taking a short walk, visualizing, or practicing meditation. You may also just sit down and visualize some pleasurable and happy events from your past.
It is not enough just to wake up early. Often, after waking up, we do not get out of bed, but stay for some more minutes, and then fall asleep again. You have to persuade yourself to get out of bed immediately after you wake up.
It is pleasant to cuddle under the blankets, especially on a cold morning, but on this special day you need to get out of bed immediately. The feeling of pleasure and power you gain by getting immediately is greater than the pleasure of staying in bed.
I am not going to describe how to handle each and every action and situation during the day, as every individual has a different life and schedule. However, I would like to mention a few examples from daily life. These examples, would help you understand you how to handle other situations.